mercredi 14 mars 2007

African literature

If you happen to know (or somebody who does) any good African writers who you would like to recommend, I would be grateful for the hints. I have come up with an idea of reading some books written by African authors and need some recommendations. I have already started to search in Wikipedia and just now I am reading “The Interpreters” by Nigerian Wole Soyinka.
Anyway, I was amazed by the biographies of the African writers. So many of them have been either officials or politicians as well. And I am not sure what to think if there are only 13 Ugandan writers in Wikipedia, and among them the contemporary president Yoweri Kaguta Museveni. And it is similar about the other countries as well. I suppose, I would rather read not as much politically engaged literature. But any suggestions are welcome!

Aucun commentaire: