mardi 19 juin 2007

Noble manners

Working and reading in quite a noble institute I cannot help thinking of a certain gap between ideals and reality. In regards to human relations. Even (or especially) in this noble institute.
As many other places there is lunch there as well. All the staff and guests are welcomed to have their lunch in a sitting-room. All but one person.
He is a cleaning assistent and comes from abroad. Very nice fellow, indeed. Always with a smile on his face and a good word to cheer up. He has got his lunch as well. Not that he hasn't. But not in the sitting-room. Some floors below, in the cellar beside a room for keeping the cleaning equipmnet. Alone.
Let me put it this way: I feel quite uncomfortable about it and my equality instict tolds me that something is wrong.
Why and what is wrong?

1 commentaire:

antropyton a dit…

I think you should invite him to eat with you. Small steps make a difference...